Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Well, Doggone - I got the wrong picture of the nativity...Although this is a very cute hand knit one that a lady in NZ makes...She charges alot, but then they are lots of work. I have ladies come to my basement every Tuesday to felt. Most of them are making nativities and they are very cute. You would not believe what the basement looks like - w/ all that wool getting spread around. I just can't seem to lick my "thrift store" habit.... Today my car just automatically drove there w/o even thinking. Luckily, I had forgotten my purse, so when I arrived and went to reach for my purse and it was not there, I was really "bummed" ...However, I remembered that I had a little money in my levi pocket, so I was able to go in anyway. I didn't even spend all the money...I got an Australian Very Wacky Man's sweater that is wool. When I was waiting in line to pay, this man in front of me saw the sweater and said, wow that is really a "rare" one. He said, "you can sell that on Ebay for a lot of $$$$. It is called a GeCcu. I think instead of shrinking it up like I usually do, I will put it on Ebay...but no time, it seems. I also got a really cool looking Ugndian woven vase like dealy hopper - I have no idea what it is , and then I got another needlepoing piece. It is a "horse one" I think it is made in China, but it is quite nice.

I am excited to be going soon to Washington,D.C. to help Mark and Andrea w/ their children while they go to Peru to find a house. I know that we will have lots of Wii bowling and boxing tournaments. I have been practicing up for those Austin Kiddos. I hope I am up to the task of being a "Mom" once again. I will probably be worn out when I get home, just in time to get to Spencer and Andrea's house in Calif. and then Jerry and I are going on a cruise to the Mexican Riveria...It will be the first time in many years that I have not cooked a Thanksgiving Dinner!!! Whoopee! I wonder if they will feed us turkey on the cruise????

I am going to see if I can put on a picture...Wish me luck. I need help tho. Why are computers so had for those of my generation (old timers!)

No comments: